The Torres Football Team

An Insight into the Football Team of Torres High
The Torres Football Team

The Torres High School football team is built up of all the 5 academies in the school and led by coaches Corey, Steve, Marshall, Angel, and Horacio. The team includes all 9th-12th grades.

The first home game of 2023, was on September 15 against Maywood High School and the upcoming last football game is set to be October 27 against Marshall High School. 

On the first home game, many different audiences attended such as the rival school’s parents and students as well as the Torres parents and students. During this game, there was much tension between both sides of the game and due to this, the chaos began. Torres students participated in throwing things at the other team and due to this the game was cut short. 

A Torres High Football Game (Photo Courtesy of Belen Cerezo)

After the first home game, the principals decided to prohibit students from entering unless they were accompanied by an adult, anyone over 18. As expected this got many students upset and confused. A school football game that denied students to attend and show school spirit. This was already not a great way to begin football season. 

Unfortunately for the team and school, this situation only worsened when many of these games including the Torres football team were not successful and lost by many points. Despite this much chaos from the seasonal football games, the representing students of the school on the team are still hopeful and expect to come back better. 

Donate to The Vitruvian

Your donation will support the student journalists of East Los Angeles Renaissance Academy. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

Donate to The Vitruvian